Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hair Station Salvation!

Got my hair cut today and my hair dresser was running late. Not anything unusual. I was playing with my girls keeping them entertained. The lady in the seat was talking to Sherry the stylist. They were talking low so you couldn't hear much of what they were saying. (Sherry is the only one in her salon, and it is one big room). There were 2 ladies in front of me and one went out and was going to come back. When the lady came back the first lady was done and talking to Sherry. Sherry told her to come back one evening when they could talk more and that she would be her friend and listen to her.

The Lady #2 got in the chair and lady #1 sat in another chair so she could write her check and pay. She ended up saying something about being depressed and on drugs for it, and the #2 lady said something and the #1 lady said "how do you know have you ever been depressed?" #2 said "yes, for 3 years." #1 was hooked and wanted to know what she did to get out of it. #2 said she never took drugs and talk to #1 about some things and told her she would love to get together with her sometimes, being that they don't know each other it may be easier for her to talk to her.

I could tell by the way #2 was talking that she was a christian,but she never went that far with the conversation. She just kept hinting, and pointing her that way. #1 was clueless. I couldn't keep my mouth shut much more (and my mouth usually stay shut if you know me). I moved over a chair and told #1 that she was in a pit and Satan was attacking her, that it is a cycle and she need to break it. I told her about Beth Moore's book "Get out of the Pit."She told me that she didn't believe in Satan, and how do I know what I am talking about, have you been through this? And I said no I have never been in a bad pit of depression, but I have cycles that he attacks me in, we all do. And Satan sure has you blinded if you don't believe in him, he is so real. She then turned and asked #2 lady if she believed in Satan. #2 said "Are you crazy, yes I do!" #2 then started to share more about Jesus and what he could do for her. She told her to go read her bible in the book of John. The lady #2 was concerned that she would have to give up her wine and smoking.

We all shared with her here and there about Jesus and how he can change her life. That Sherry wasn't late cutting hair by accident, but God orchestrated it so we would all be there at the same time. She #1 was there for a reason and God wanted HER. #1 was searching badly. Sherry even gave her testimony, (I have always wondered about her) She knows it all but you just wonder if she is a christian. My question was answered, she is.

In the end Lady #1 went with lady #2 in the back corner and accepted Christ!! Lady #2 gave her a bible she had in her car, and came back in and said she did it, but she doesn't know exactly what she did. I would ask you to pray for Lisa (I think, God knows her name) that she would contact lady #2, lady #2 wants to mentor her and that would be awesome. She is very solid. Pray that she would take all her issues and surrender them completely to Christ.

Who around you is hurting? Are you willing to take the time to point them to the only answer? Some people come into your life that you have no clue who they are, but God put them there for you to point them to him. Will you be willing to say anything? Will you give them the truth you have inside? Stop and be aware of the hurting people around you that need Christ today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, Amanda! I am so proud of you! How exciting! And, what a blessings to be a part of that! Love you!

brickmomma said...

Oh my! Incredible!!!! Good for you~

Anonymous said...

How AWESOME is that!!!! :-)

VERY encouraging for those of us who need to be bold enough to share Jesus!

Love,
Quiltermama

Anonymous said...

Thanks...I needed to hear that!
-P^2 (yeah...you'll never guess who I am!)

Shannon said...

Wow! God is so awesome!! I have chillbumps and tears...

Anonymous said...

That was so fantastic! How awesome that He is there to open our mouths when it is needed. I'm so proud of you!! Gramma