Saturday, August 11, 2007

Em's Version of Horse Shoes.

I looked over at the coffee table this evening and saw this. Em just loves to put shoes and clothes on her toys. Sometimes it can be quite comical.

This afternoon after El woke up from her nap, we headed to the pool. It was so hot today, my temp in the car said 101 this afternoon. The pool felt so nice and the girls had so much fun. I couldn't believe how well Em did! Her lessons really payed off. She was jumping off the side and swimming to me in the pool. (She had floats on her arms). She was doing this with B-daddy, who would catch her before she went too far under. When he got tired she started jumping to me. I wouldn't catch her, but let her go under and come up and swim to me. She did this over and over again and not once did she cough because she swallowed water. She was doing so good. I think by next year she will be swimming without any help. I am really impressed at how well her lessons helped her this year. She is doing awesome.

My Mother-in-law, my niece and nephew came with us also. They had a good time in the pool too. My MIL gave me a "boat" for El that blows up and has a steering wheel with an over head shade. It looks like one of those little tykes car toys that goes outside. El just loved it!! She loves the water also.

Needless to say we wore the girls out, they both went to bed early without a peep!

2 comments:

DeAnn Aalbers said...

I love the fact that it took me giving you a compliment AND a plug for you to leave me a comment!

Oh, and Emily's a rock star.

Nicole said...

So cute! Horseshoes.... hee hee.