Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Festival

Last night was the Fall Festival at our church. The girls were cowgirls and Baby B was a sheriff. My mom helped me make their chaps and vest this weekend.

The favorite part of the evening when we have these functions at church is riding Doodle Bug and Pistal Pete (those are the ponies). That was our first stop since the girls are big fans. We stood in line for about 20 minutes, only to discover we were in the wrong line. Em was insistant that she just wanted to ride Doodle Bug. So El rode a big horse and Em and I went to the pony line. Em loves Doodle Bug and was waving on the way to the line when she first saw her. So we waited in the pony line and Em and El got to ride the ponies. We then went to eat and by the time we were done with that the girls played 2 games and got 4 pieces of candy and off to petting the goats and calf. After that we were done for the night. Give my girls a farm and they are happy, who cares about the games and candy?! Fun time was had by all!


El riding
El on Pistal Pete


Em on Doodle Bug





My little Sheriff
Petting the goat and Calf

3 comments:

brickmomma said...

So cute!!

Nicole said...

and, well, we avoid the animals because the lines are long and they poop and stink. I have anough poop and stink in my home to not add any animal poop and stink to my life.

So, I motivate my kids towards the games with candy as a bribe :) Candy smells pretty. Of course, the dentist bills wont. lol!

The Wests said...

They looked so cute and coordinated in their costumes!