Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cubbies

Em has cubbies for the first time tonight for this semester. Their verse this week they have to memorize is "When they saw the star, they were overjoyed. Matthew 2:10" We have been practicing and this is how Em said it,"When they followed the star (oh no they had to see it first), they were over by the donkey."

She has been saying followed and I told her the other night that they had to see it first in order to follow it. So that is why she corrected herself. She is not use to hearing the word "overjoyed" So she thinks that we are saying over by something. So she knows the Sheep and donkey were in the story, so that is what she puts there. I just have to laugh at her. Her poor teachers are not going to know what in the world she is talking about.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Well, Donnnie listened to the verses while I helped them with craft. I wish I had heard her now!! Too cute!

Shannon said...

Oh, how I loved Cubbies... just for listening to those precious verses. And the kids' versions of them!!