Friday, August 28, 2009

Em's first day of Kindergarten!

Monday was Em's first day of school. She was so excited, she had the opportunity to meet her teacher the week before and find out who was in her class. She has 2 kids from our subdivision in her class and S who was in her 3 yr old preschool class. She was very excited and also learned that S is sitting next to her at her table.

Every day I remind her to be a good friend and to shine her light for Jesus. She came home the second day and was talking about lunch and how they prayed over their lunch. I continued to ask her who prayed with her. She told me that her and S prayed the "Oh the Lords been good to me song". I asked if any of the other kids sang with them and she said some, but most of them didn't know it but they were teaching them it. The next day I asked if they prayed for lunch again and she said yes and some of the other kids sang with them. We pray that she continues to shine the light of Jesus to those around her to those that don't know HIM, so that they can come to know the love of Christ.


Here is a picture of her before we left for school.

Em at her table ready to get started.
She was so excited to ride the bus with her cousins. They rode the first day home from school. The bus drops off at the stop sign right in front of our house. I have asked her what her favorite part of the day was and she tells me riding the bus.
The first day when she got home she said "mom, the bus doesn't have any seat belts!" I answered " I know, it is because it is a big vehicle and they are not required to have seat belts." To which she replies with excitement, "IT WAS SOOOO COOL!!!





1 comment:

Susan said...

She looked so cute for the first day of school.That is great she had a friend from preschool in her class! That is awesome what she and the other little girl are doing at lunch! Amazing!

How did you do?