Monday, June 2, 2008

This Old House!

I don't have any before pictures, we forgot to get them before they started tearing up our kitchen. We got granite put into the kitchen, tile back splash and new single bowl porcelain sink. They started on Thursday and was finished with everything on Saturday. We are so pleased. I just love the color of the granite and the look of the back splash. I really like my single bowl sink!

The next step is the touch up paint the cabinets. The granite doesn't cover as much as the Formica on the front side of the cabinets. We are going to take down the wall paper and paint, and get new knobs and pull, and switch plates for the cabinets. Right now we have the American theme going. I have red checkered wall paper with a cute border. Some of the wall paper got messed up and I am not doing it over. We will have to decided on a color to paint the kitchen. B-Daddy wanted to take all that down anyway so it won't be a problem when we sell our house. Some people can't see past wall color. My entry is Red and I just love it, but that will have to go also.



Here are some picture of the kitchen when they were in the process.


Here is the finished product.


8 comments:

The Wests said...

That looks so good!!

Kathleen said...

That looks awesome! Who did you use? We need to do this too.

The BushHerd said...

Amanda, this looks incredible. I am so glad you have your kitchen back!

Laura Brittain said...

It looks REALLY good, Amanda ... and it goes so well with your tile floor, too. I like the way the looks with the white cabinets. I would be happy with that I think instead of the black if we can get it cheaper than the black.

Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Quiltermama said...

Great choices for the kitchen!!! Enjoy!!!! :-)

Nicole said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONT be scared of colored walls. They served us well with our sell! Wallpaper, yes. Bye bye. And yes, lots of stainless.

brickmomma said...

Oooh- I like that sink!!

Jenny said...

Hey Amanda,
Your kitchen looks wonderful! I love the color of your granite and that big open sink...oh my! I know that you all will enjoy it.