Monday, March 3, 2008

Too Much Water in the house.

Well Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day. I did some laundry in the morning ( I left a load going while I went to pick the girls up) then headed over to my in-laws to pick up my girls. They spend the night most Friday's nights with their cousins at my in-laws. When I got there they were playing hard outside. I stayed awhile and chatted and B-daddy met me there. He had to bring the trailer so Papa could go get fence material. We ended up staying till about 1:30pm. On the way home I called B-daddy to see if he wanted to meet me at a new home that one of our friends is building. We ended up meeting there once he was done showing a house. We chatted with Jeff about his house and then headed home.

I turned the corner to my house and noticed that my drive way was the only one that was soaked and wet. The kind of soaked and wet you get when there has been a heavy rain. I raised the garage door and the garage was wet. My first thought was that the hot water heater busted. I called B-daddy and told him we have some kind of problem. He was a few streets away. I proceeded to go into the house and was greeted with 2" of water. The water was gushing out of the wall. Now let me explain. We had the "great" device you can hook up to the washing machine's water called a Laundry pure. I suggest you don't get one. This one was given to us by my in-laws and we had had it for almost 2 years. The water was gushing from there. B-daddy had to come and turn the water off. I started walking around the house and our Laundry room, foyer, Master bedroom, and master bathroom were flooded with about 2" of water. There was no water in our closet or in the Living room, unless it got under the wood and we have not noticed. Praise God! It would have been horrible to have this mess all over the house.

Needless to say my mother-in-law came over to bring the girls back to her house and we started the clean up process. We don't have any carpet in our house, but we do have wood laminate. So all the wood in our Master was soaked and bulking. B-Daddy was a smart thinker and put all our bedroom furniture on blocks. Once all the water was up we started moving bedroom furniture into the living room. We then proceeded to pull up the flooring. What a mess!! We ending up going to Lowe's and getting more wood flooring to put down. We decided to wait on installing it because our concrete was too wet and it needs to dry out. We noticed yesterday that the doors are now sticking and our furniture has water damage. So we called to file a claim with our insurance. They will come out in 1-2 days. For now we are in the guest bed, Thank God for 4 bedrooms and a queen size guest bed. Sleeping in the living room on the couch wouldn't be all that fun being pregnant.

There are somethings I am truly thankful for:
1) The water was confined to one side of the house. Thanks you God!
2) It wasn't a fire. We could have lost everything.
3) My family is healthy and safe!
4) We are truly blessed!!!


So that was our adventurous Saturday! Can you top that?

1 comment:

Becky said...

No, I can not top that and don't want to! Oy vey!
I've had the same thing happen tho. Steve and I married for 2 yrs., lived in little frame, 2 b/d house, laundry room in a step-down add-on off the kitchen. Came home one evening and water was gushing out the back door into the carport. The water line had burst and eveything in the laundry room was floating! Thankfully b/c of the step-down into the room, no water was in the house!
Glad you found the blessings in the mess! Good luck replacing everything!