Sunday, January 18, 2009

Baby B

I had called on Thursday to get Baby B a follow up flu shot. When the nurse called me back I told her that I would rather make an appointment to get him seen since he had a running nose and a funky cough. She we got an appointment for the next morning. I took him in and the Dr listened to his lungs and said that he was wheezing, which I had noticed the night before. She took a swab from his nose and came back and said that he had the RSV virus. So she sent me home with a scrip for a breathing machine and albuterol. I have given him 3 treatments so far and he has done great. He just sits in his bumbo with his mask on for 12-15 min and barely cries and doesn't even try to take the mask off. He has done well and hasn't gotten any worse. He has never stopped sleeping through the night and his running nose seems to be clearing up. He is still just as happy as ever. I think that we are on the mends, but to be sure we are hanging out at home and not spreading it around.

His little mask has a elephant on it and it looks so cute on him!



Here he is chillin' in his tub after a treatment. He was just a kicking and splashing.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

So sorry that he has RSV but that's great he's tolerating the treatments well. What a sweet boy! That nasty cough is going around everywhere right now. Will just started with it so I'll probably have him into the dr tomorrow.

Becky said...

Bless his heart! Anna had RSV, lots younger and so servere that it sent us to Houston for several days! Scary time!
I'm so glad his is not that bad!
Love the soft ducky tub! I had an inflatable with Justin and it was the best!!