Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Birthday EL!!!!

Here is a picture of El the day she was born.

Sweet Em at 2 holding El for the first time. She was so proud!

Today my sweet El turns 2. She is so full of energy and such a fun kid to watch. She loves to put on a show and be the center of attention. Right now she is showing it up in front of Granny and Papaw because Em is asleep.

Em has been out since we got home from Grandma and Papa's this afternoon. We had a party for Em and El today at their pool. B-Daddy and I made them their castle cake, and they had their cousins and a couple of friends come out to swim. They had so much fun playing. It turned out to be a nice day.


Here is the making of the cake. Em watched the whole process and what a process it was. We decided to make it Friday night at Grandma and Papa's house so I wouldn't have to transport it. So Em said she wanted a pink cake, so I get the food coloring out to color the icing and grab the bottle that looks red, I put some drops in the icing and it happened to be yellow. I would have known that if I would have looked at the lid. So, no fear I have another tub of icing. This time I grab the correct bottle, and put about 6 drops in it and we got Red icing, So we had to open the 3rd tub of white and mix it to finally get pink.



B-Daddy making the windows.


Finished Product.



This was El's turn to blow out her candles, but she just laughed.

5 comments:

Quiltermama said...

What fun!!! Cool cake!!! Happy birthday, El!!!

brickmomma said...

Wow, great cake! SO sorry we missed the swimming....can we put in for a rematch? ;)

Becky said...

GREAT cake!!!
Happy 2nd b/d!!! Sweet times!

Kelly said...

Happy birthday! You always do such amazing cakes. It looks like a great time.

DeAnn Aalbers said...

You're my cake hero. Obviously El's changed a whole bunch since then, but I can't get over how different Em looks now!